Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Choose Joy

What is it about this time of year that forces people to reflect on what went right and wrong this past year?

 I think it would be very easy to look back and nitpick everything that has gone wrong in the last year. But as I sit here preparing to embark on my 30s I want to reflect on the positive.

This year we've taken a lot of mini vacations with the kids in mind. Something as simple as checking into a hotel and swimming for two days. I'm thankful for time with my family.

As a family we have spent the year focusing on love and how to make each other feel loved. I'm thankful for the opportunity spoil my family and feel them give it right back to me.

We've downsized our house in anticipation of finding our forever home. I'm thankful for parents who have given us the opportunity to start anew.

Chris has quit his job and opened up an auto and tire shop. I'm thankful for the resources and timing that allowed him to become self employeed doing something her loves.

I got moved to a day shift position. I'm thankful for the timing and pure luck meant I get to be on the same sleep schedule as my family.

Aiden started 4th grade and Ryan started 5th grade. We have had a slew of sports activities, parties, and homework. I'm thankful for the opportunity to watch these boys grow and learn and enjoy life.

Chris and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. I'm thankful for the power of love, forgiveness, and hard work. That man means the world to me.

Some people might read this and think I'm sugar coating how hard this year has been emotionally. I'm not. I lived it. But I choose to see the joy and laughter because there was plenty of that.

After a lot of thought I've decided that my mantra for 2016 will be CHOOSE JOY. I'll probably find it on a mug and a shirt and get it tattooed on my face if I have to. Life can be hard. In 2016 I'm make a conscious decision to soak up all the love and joy I can.

Now it wouldn't be a New Year/New You if I didnt have some good old fashion New Year's resolutions. I'll share those with you tomorrow.













So my mantra for 2016 will be "Choose Joy"

No comments:

Post a Comment